Thursday, June 4, 2009

The Minority Report

If you've seen the movie, then think about how the scenes you're reading appear in that version. Which is more interesting or engaging? What changes would you make if you were directing the film?

The advantage of a film adaption of a short story is the freedom to expand the storyline. In Spielberg's 2002 rendition of Minority Report, he utlized this freedom in an extremely engaging fashion. The futuristic setting, along with the cast really made the film believable and thrilling. I found the short story to be engaging but Spielberg enhanced the spirit of the short story in his film. It's been awhile since I've seen the film but if I'm correct, Tom Cruise plays Commissioner Anderton, Colin Ferrall plays Whitwer, and the precog who deciphers the minority report is played by Samantha Morton. Spielberg plays with this creative work by adding his own futuristc twist. I distinctly remember loving the movie and therefore I completely trust in all the directional intelligence of Spielberg that I wouldn't tamper with any changes myself if I was director.

No comments:

Post a Comment